Friday, February 19, 2010

Skywatch Friday - Chinese New Year - Singapore River HongBao 2010

Today is the sixth day of Chinese New Year. The animal that Goddess Nuwa created for earth is the horse so today is the birthday of horse. Forgot to mention the animal for yesterday, it is the birthday of the Ox. Find out whose birthday it is tomorrow that Goddess Nuwa created for earth according to Legend.

I used a function in my new camera to take a wide angle of the whole scenery at the Singapore River Hongbao. You can see the "sea of people".
The colourful seats infront of me are the temporary platform for parades. I think the temporary platform might be permanent already, cause it is so useful and have a good view of the sea.

For other sky watchers, please hop over to Skywatch blog.

4 comments:

Sylvia K said...

A sea of people indeed! Terrific captures, Alice! It's been such fun learning about the Chinese New Year from so many bloggers! Hope yours is going well and that you have a great weekend!

Sylvia

Jim said...

I remember them building the stadium when I visited.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

L. Neusiedler said...

wow, that was one huge gathering!

Photo Cache said...

I would love to be in S'pore during the celebration of lunar new year. So colorful and exciting.


www.ewok1993.wordpress.com