Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My World Tuesday - God of Fortune


Oh this is my favourite at the Singapore River Hongbao. This is the God Of Fortune.



It is not raining and why are these girls carrying the umbrella upside down?

If you looked at the two videos below you will know exactly what they are doing. The God of Fortune will released some lucky numbers and these girls are trying to catch the numbers with their umbrellas...lol

The numbers are used to purchase 4D (four digits) lottery. I dont buy 4D lottery so I dont collect these numbers.
I collected some to take photos to show you how they looked like. Some of them have numbers and some dont.

The video shows these girls trying to collect the numbers with their numbers...lol
It was so beautiful that night when the God of Fortune suddenly released more numbers. It looked like it was raining golden showers.

I was standing behind the God of Fortune and as the wind was blowing in my direction, some numbers fall onto me...hahahaha and no I did not use these numbers to purchase any lottery.
Please visit "That's my World" for other parts of the world.

11 comments:

Sylvia K said...

What colorful and fun shots, Alice! I think all of us these days could use a little interaction with the God of Fortune!! Sounds and looks as though fun was had by all! Have a great week!

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

what lovely post. i wonder how much fortune we'll get this year :D

Jim said...

Interesting world you live in.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Unknown said...

Ha...you beat me to it. I was about to blog on this prospereous guy for my next post :)

LadyFi said...

What a delightful tradition.

antigoni said...

Great post!!!

Quint said...

Aren't they cheating by opening their umbrellas?

Trotter said...

Hi Alice! Sorry for another long absence, but after a busy start of the year I decided to make a break during the Carnival week, anticipating new hard weeks ahead!!

Great time and wonderful parties for the Chinese New Year!!

Meanwhile, Blogtrotter 2 is in Haiti. Hope you enjoy and have a great week!!

Mark Kreider said...

Beautiful and colorful as always.

Alexander said...

interesting. 4D numbers! haha...

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

escape said...

i should say that it's the highlight! giant and nice! stunning at night.