Saturday, August 1, 2009

My Walking Trip - Part 6 - Forest Walk - Bridges

Today, I begin my post on forest walk. It is quite a long walk and very interesting. Oh you have to wear comfortable shoes to walk and no high heels otherwise your heels would be stuck in these holes as you walked.

Now one for the album for these university students.

All the bridges you see in this post, I really have to walk them all.

For those who want a shortcut, they can climb these staircases located at certain corner of the bridges but my friends and I decided to take the challenge and complete the walk on the bridges.

I like the photo below, it showed how far I am from the other side of the bridge because the girl in the centre look so small. We are actually taller than some trees.

Look at all the rich rainforest, sometimes monkeys found their way to the bridges but that day my friends and I did not encountered any monkeys except birds and squirrels.



And my walk is not complete yet, tomorrow I will show you the flora I saw along the walk.

9 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Alicesg, Another wonderful post. I love this walk. I wouldn't be able to walk it myself, but I have so loved you walking for me and showing me what I am missing. I have diabetes, and my feet are not real good, so I cannot take really long walks. I take small ones every day for exercise, but it causes much pain in my feet at night. So thank you for walking for me. I love the walk so far, and cannot wait to see the flowers tomorrow. Thank you my friend. Please stop by again soon and say hi. Country Hugs, Sherry

alicesg said...

You are welcome Sherry. Thank you for following me. :) It is nice to just take short walk. Sometimes, I am so lazy to exercise..lol. I have another new place to explore that need a lot of walking too but I got to find time for that. Recently, there's a lot of new places to go in Singapore and next year Universal Studio will be opening in Sentosa Island. I am looking forward to the family rides not the roller coaster.

escape said...

it reminds me so much of jurassic park. like anything can come out in surprise.

you're right. this is my type of scenic trips.

Richard Lawry said...

I need to take the forest walk. It looks fantastic.

An Arkies Musings

Anonymous said...

I think this is the way to travel in any wild area. It keeps Nature safe. I like it and your photos. I also wanted to thank you for commenting on my Pick a Peck of Pixels blog. I was very pleased you stopped and left a comment. It will help me reach my goal of 10,000 visitors or followers.
Thanks again.

I slept under a blanket last night. This has been the coldest July ever recorded here in Ohio where we live. And it was only 59 F here this morning. August is starting out to be more of the same. I fear a climate change is on the way and each year will disrupt the lives of more birds and butterflies to say nothing about the polar bears.

Anya said...

It looks great for
me to walk there :)
Great pictures all !!

CC said...

Ooooo, the forest is gorgeous.I love it and wish I could have been there for the walk. The forest is beyond gorgeous...and those bridges are awesome. Hugs my friend..see you soon.

alicesg said...

Dong, you are right, as I walked I have a feeling some monkeys or animals might jump onto me from the tall trees...lol.

Richie, I am beginning to like the walk. I think I am going for another tree top walk in another corner of Singapore. :)

Abraham Lincoln, you are so right about the climate change. It is kinda scary. I will follow your blog. :)

Anya, thanks for walking with me. :)

CC, great to see you here. I wish you really walked the forest walk with me, it is fantastic.

GMG said...

Amazing!!