Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ang Mo Kio West Garden Part 3

Singapore is not only a food and shopping paradise. Singapore is known as a clean and green city or Garden City. Almost every estate comes with a garden or park (big or small). Even in the city, you can find many tall trees and they are well taken care of. Next time, you are in Orchard Road Shopping, just looked at the numerous tall trees there.

Singapore is a very organised country. Even the estate are so well planned and built to ensure residents can shop in their own estate, have their own library, clinics and have good transport system (MRT and Buses) as well as a beautiful garden.

Ang Mo Kio West Garden is the bigger of the two gardens in Ang Mo Kio Town. The other garden is Ang Mo Kio East Garden. Hopefully, I can climb the hill to Ang Mo Kio East Garden if I next visit Ang Mo Kio.

This is the favourite part of Ang Mo Kio West Garden that I like. It is quiet in the garden now cause it is about noon and the hot sun is keeping people away except me..lol.

There are so many lotus plants in the pond.

I was not at the pond at the right time, cause not many lotus bloom at this time. If you enlarge the photo, you can see many lotus buds in the background. If you are lucky, you can see the pond full of lotus flowers blooming at the same time.

This place is a good place if you want to take photo of dragonflies. There are lots of them in here. Geez, I wish I brought my new camera instead of this old camera. I could have zoom better with the new camera.

A short video showing the surrounding garden.

Please visit "That's my World" for other parts of the world.

Note:

You can visit Ang Mo Kio Town by MRT and alight at Ang Mo Kio Station.

Ang Mo Kio West Garden is opposite Ang Mo Kio Library while Ang Mo Kio East Garden is beside the MRT Station.

9 comments:

alicesg said...

Towards the end of the first video, you might spot a spider running around on the lotus leaves. Hope you can spot some dragonflies flying above the leaves too.

SandyCarlson said...

Those gardens are very beautiful, Alice.

Sylvia K said...

What a lovely park and your photos and videos are wonderful! I'm not sure, but I think a saw some dragon flies! Hope you have a great week, Alice! Enjoy!

Sylvia

Anonymous said...

Really nice post again. I hope someday that I will be able to visit again.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Do people dig for their seeds?

Heard that ERP has gone up, is that true?

LadyFi said...

Luscious lotus plants! Gorgeous.

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

Beautiful shots and lovely post. Thanks for adding the videos.
Darryl and Ruth : )

Jane said...

Beautiful shots, your right about it being clean too. My sister have just been to Singapore and its spotless and wonderfully tropical. Thanks for sharing:)

alicesg said...

Ann, everything is going up except salary...lol. Arggghhh...