Tuesday, June 29, 2010

My World Tuesday - The Helix Bridge


Last week, I introduced the Marina Bay Sands Integrated Resort. You can see the hotel in the background. From where I am standing, it is the entrance of The Helix Bridge which you can see on the left of the photo. The bridge connected directly to the resort.

This is the world first double helix curved bridge. It is about 280 metre long and the whole bridge looked like a DNA double helix. The steel tubes form the minor and major helix that spiral in opposite directions. At night the bridge will be illuminated and will be very beautiful. I will come another day during the night and take more photos.




The bridge is not fully covered. So you need an umbrella if it rains. But the walk across the bridge takes only about 10 minutes. But most take longer as they try to admire the bridge and the surrounding scenery.



At the side of the bridge are several such balcony.

Lots of steel were used to make this bridge.






Please visit "That's my World" for photos of other parts of the world.

6 comments:

Indrani said...

Wonderful shots of the amazing metallic structures.

LadyFi said...

Wow - that helix bridge is a wonder for the eyes! Just amazing.

Gwendolyn L said...

Oh My Gosh. These photos are wonderful. I really liked your comments. I would never have guess there was such an amazing structure. Thanks so much of sharing.

escape said...

i was actually intrigued with the bridge when i saw it under construction. looks like another great place for a walk.

Alexander said...

Thanks for covering this Alice. I really appreciate it. I will always be updated about Singapore advancement through you. That's amazing.

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

alicesg said...

Alex, I hope to share more about Singapore with Singaporeans and Visitors from abroad that visit my blog. But sometimes, I am so lazy to go out to get more photos...lol.