Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Flood in Orchard Road

You will know the effect of the heavy rain that I posted in my previous post when you watch this video. I got the above video from You Tube.

Who would believe Orchard Road in Singapore is flooded? Actually it happened before in 1978, and I was caught in that heavy flood back then.

Many young Singaporeans have not seen flood before, because Singapore is so well organised and efficient that flood is unusual in here especially Orchard Road. So today's flood really make many young Singaporeans worried...lol.

But with so many constructions going around in Singapore (I mentioned in my earlier post), not surprising some parts of drains and canals might be choked and water cant flow. I hope the authority will make sure it wont happen again.

Flood was so common during my childhood and I ever went to school in knee deep flood.

3 comments:

CC said...

Be careful and stay safe my friend...
I hope the flood is not to terrible and that the business are not too damaged. Flooding is terrible,and in one of our states here,there was a flash flood that caught 12 people off guard while they were camping...
and they all lost their lives. It was just too awful....I hope everyone in your country can stay safe... Hugs, CC

Unknown said...

I thought I was reading it wrong! That's what people fear when there is too much construction. Hope the damage is not too heavy and no one was injured.

L. Neusiedler said...

take care! we have a lot of rain here too, but there's no danger...