Monday, July 27, 2009

Walking Trip - Part 1 - Climbing Up Henderson Waves

This will be a long series of posting on my walking trip on part of the southern ridge. The southern ridge walk is the latest attraction and pastime for Singaporeans.

The southern ridge is about 9 km trail that connects parks along the southern ridge of Singapore. The trail started from Marang Trail, (opposite Habour Front MRT Station), Faber Trail, (along Mount Faber), Henderson Waves (Henderson Road), Hill Top Walk, Forest Walk, Alexandra Arch, Hort Park and Canopy Walk.

So the three excited women started planning and getting all the maps. We did not do the complete trail as we dont have the stamina as we are not the sporting type. So from my googling and planning, I decided we start from Henderson Waves instead of Marang Trail cause we need to climb many steps and path up Mount Faber along Marang Trail and Faber Trail, it would be too tiring for us.

It took us just few minutes to climb these steps up Henderson Waves from Henderson Road. I look at my watch and it said 9.45 am.

The maps we printed are not that useful cause they are not so detailed but all the signboards and signs on the floor helps and make our walk so much easier. To make your walk much easier, do not carry too much stuff in your bag. Just a bottle of water (important), hat/cap(shade you from the sun), umbrella (in case it rain) and of course your camera.

After climbing those stairs, we saw this signboad and we walked in the direction where it pointed "Henderson Waves".

Then we are so happy and excited to see the Henderson Waves sign. It is the start of the walk from the Henderson Waves.

The posting continued tomorrow, come back and visit if you want to know how henderson waves look like. It is very beautiful, trust me.

7 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Alicesg, I have to wait until tomorrow. I am so excited to see where we are going. We have been hiking an awfully long time. I just love your tours. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy Monday. Country Hugs, Sherry

GMG said...

Hi Alice!
Sorry for the long absence! But don’t you think it was a great vacation; some very busy weeks and just a few days off... ;)

I think I'm going to sweat a lot just looking at this trail; at least from what I can recall of my previous experiences walking in Singapore... ;)) But I will love to see your pictures!!

Meanwhile Blogtrotter is still turning around Iceland. Enjoy and have a fabulous week!

alicesg said...

Sherry, thank you for your comments. Hope you will be interested in my walking trip. :)

GMG, yes the weather is definitely hot especially if we are walking taller than the trees in the forest walk but it is a good experience. I am so used to the weather here for the whole of 49 years...hehehe. Good to sweat it out and stay slim...lol.

Alexander said...

That's a nice place. I've never been there before. Staying healthy I see Alice. That's a great attitude to life. Stay Fit!

Alexander
Alex's World! - http://www.kakinan.com/alex

Photo Cache said...

Alice sometimes it's fun to do cyberwalking. You huff and puff while I enjoy the photos you took. Can't wait for the next installment.

alicesg said...

Alex, it is one of the latest attraction open recently. Yes, I enjoyed the walk with my friends, very interesting.

PC, hope you like the follow up posts. :)

Anya said...

Its a lovely place,
its always very healthy to walk ........ (relaxing)
And its nice to walk with your friends :)