Wednesday, June 3, 2009

National Library - Part 2 - Visitors Centre

Continued from yesterday's post on the National Library of Singapore. I could only show you the outside of the 5th floor visitor Centre. I could not take any photos inside the library and do not want to disturb the people in there too.

Full of greenery outside the visitors centre and users can come here and do their projects or listen to stories being told.

Amazing they could bring tall plants and trees on this fifth floor.

Noticed the glass panels on the side of the buildings, you could see the library inside there.

A sculpture in the visitors centre.



From the visitors's centre, I could view the surrounding area.

Do you remember the Iluma Shopping Centre that I posted in an earlier post.
I will show you more about Iluma in coming post.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

As you would have known, I love all the greeneries there. I'll fit in perfectly in that environment :P

Arija said...

Very inventive, to distribute the greenery throughout a high-rise building.

Anya said...

Many green,
its beautiful there !!
Lovely shots,
(I see a subtropical palm, mine is alive YES,last winter -20C he looks :( , but now he is growing , I'am so happy ....)

Tom said...

This building just gets better and better Alice and I love the sculpture

escape said...

that's a very conducive place to study and do research. i like the green in the are despite its modern design.

Jim Klenke said...

thats a nice indoor garden.

LadyFi said...

I do like this kind of modern architecture!

J.C. said...

It's wonderful to have a library with so many greens! Looking at those greens is a great way to relax one's eyes after too long a reading.