Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My World Tuesday -Singapore National Stadium

This is the Singapore National Staidum in Kallang, it was opened in 1973 and I remembered that I visited it the first time when I was about 14 years old when the school brought us to watch the youth festival celebration held at the Stadium. It was so long ago and when I visited it last month, it was a far cry from its hey day.

The stadium is now closed for demolition and a new stadium will be built. The whole stadium now looked so eerie and quiet.





I could not get in and take photo of the field and tracks.

These used to be the ticketing stands.

A short video showing the quiet staidum and only hubby and me were there that day. It was so quiet that I could only hear the birds chirping in the background.


Please visit "That's my World" for other parts of the world.

4 comments:

LadyFi said...

Great shots of the stadium!

Sylvia K said...

What a great stadium! And your photos are terrific! Have a great week!

Sylvia

escape said...

i cna imagine the place when it gets packed with people.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I loved watching the National day parade. So large scale and grand.