Monday, July 19, 2010

National Day 2010 Rehearsal-Getting Ready for the March Past

This is just one of several rehearsals for National Day Celerbations. The actual day is on 9th August 2010. Read from the papers, there were about nine such rehearsals where roads were closed for the purposes. Everything need to be perfect for the big day.

The continents were all stationed at the road next to the site where the celebrations were held. I did not get the tickets to watch the actual or rehearsal, so I just stationed myself on the street to watch the parade. Once they got the go ahead, they would marched to the site. The participants all need to be there many hours ahead. Cannot imagine if there's a big downpour.






These armour tanks and a whole lot more positioned themselves getting ready for the march past. It was so grand and lovely. Wow first time, I saw so many army vehicles and tanks up so close.
I took several video of the march past, the numerous army vehicles really awed me.

4 comments:

L. Neusiedler said...

why I don't understand is why everybody is displaying the army at such events :)).

alicesg said...

Lara, it is a big occasion. It's our independent day where everyone whether army or school students, private organisation join in the celebrations. You need to follow up with the rest of the series to see the whole procession.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Are you going? My one regret is not going to attend one when I was in Singapore. it is so grand. i always watch on TV.

alicesg said...

Ann, I cant get tickets for the live show. Good enough to watch the rehearsal by the street...lol