Saturday, September 5, 2009

Pink Saturday - Bazaar

It is pink Saturday again. I am posting photos of some stalls selling some beautiful baju (clothes) for the malay festival.

I only featured few stalls that are nearer to the main road cause the weather is a killer, it is so hot, I dare not go right into the bazaar. I think I will visit again next week during the night and take more photos...lol.

These are baju which are the malay's culture style of dressing. During their festival, i.e. Hari Raya Puasa which will falls on 21st September 2009 for this year. The whole family would wear the same colour clothes. They looked so cute especially for the small kids.



These are for the little kids, they are so cute.

Did you see any carpets that you fancy in this stall?

We are a multi racial country and most have friends from different races. So same for me and my family too.

We do get invited by our malay friends to join them for a meal during their festival but this year I wont be able to join my friends cause I have to attend my cousin's wedding on 21st September in a very nice hotel. I have so many cousins, so after this cousin getting married we are down to one very last female cousin that is still unmarried.

For more pinky participants, please visit Beverly of How Sweet The Sound.

10 comments:

CC said...

ohhh, love these beautiful clothes. I really like the soft,muted shades of color. Happy Pink Saturday..have a lovely week.

Anya said...

It looks like a market,
so many colorful clothes :)
I have also many cousins,
many cousins many weddings... LOL
Have a nice weekend !!!!

Jennifer Swan Hopkins said...

Hello and happy Pink Saturday.

You know, it's always such a pleasure to come visit your blog and to see what you're up to.

What a great shopping place, I'd LOVE to go there! Have a fabulous weekend -

Come visit at http://MaidenShade.net
xJ

Richard Lawry said...

Looks like some great shopping. At least my wife would enjoy it.

An Arkies Musings

Julie said...

love it all...I am having a-give-away to celebrate my 1 month Blogoversary.... so come on over and check it out... We will picking a winner Late Monday night , and posting the results then...Have a wonderful Pink week and I hope to see back here next week...
xoxo
Julie

Claudia said...

Beautiful clothes - perfect for the Malay Festival! Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I like the white and black combo in the first pic :-) And carpets! They sure are beautiful. Makes the floor much more cozy :-)

Happy Pink Weekend!

Li

Char said...

So many beautiful things and the colors on the clothes, that just takes your breath away. I would love to attend, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Unknown said...

The shoppers are busy getting ready for Hari Raya here. It's so colourful like what I see in your pics.
I'm looking for a nice kebaya top:)

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

Hi Alice.. Happy belated PS! reading your post reminds me of Geylang, Bukit Timah, Joo Chiat and all the malls! hehehe.. so festive!