Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My World Tuesday - Sculpture Square

This is a methodist church known as Kampong Kapor Methodist Church at Middle Road. It has a long history and is one of the oldest church in Singapore and protected as a heritage building. It has since moved to a new location and this present church is part of the sculpture square.



The church was formerly known as "Malay Church" because they conduct their services in malay to cater to malay speaking christains. For more of its rich history you can view their offical website.

Love the beautiful windows of the church.

Around the church you can also see lots of sculptures.




For more information on the sculpture square you can view their official website .
Please visit "That's my World" for other parts of the world.

17 comments:

Guy D said...

Wow, what a unique church, great captures.

Have a great week!
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Photo Cache said...

Beautiful sculptures. I would love to see the inside of that church.

Tom said...

What a beautiful place you show us.... I just love the colours and the sculpture.

Tom

kayleen said...

What a neat church! Thanks for sharing,

Dirkjogt said...

What a nice building and surrounding. Thanks for sharing

Indrani said...

Beautiful church and I love those art works!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and interesting church to have lots of sculptures around. It's good that it's protected for the next generations.

Gattina said...

Very interesting ! I have never seen a church like that ! That's why I love the "My World" theme because you see so many special things !

J said...

Vietnam is an amazing place - I highly recommend a visit. I have enjoyed looking at your photos of Singapore, I am planning on visiting this summer, so it's nice to get a preview!

Anonymous said...

I love that church and the gallery - and especially the cheerful sculptures in your last photo.

Anonymous said...

The buildings are all so cheerful! Love the details, and the "wellkeptness" compared to Niger!

Reader Wil said...

What an interesting church and beautiful sculptures. Thanks for showing your world!

Louise said...

I love the rich colors. It's amazing to me that there are so many sculptures there!

SandyCarlson said...

This church and the artwork around it are wonderful.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Alice: What a beautiful gathering of sculptures, thanks for sharing.

escape said...

it has a cute color for a church. quite unique!

Anonymous said...

Interesting building, and the artwork is fabulous.

Alice, I'm really enjoying seeing your world.