Saturday, March 1, 2008

Final Posting on Cocktail Stirrers

This will be my final posting on my hobby, collection of cocktail stirrers. I dont collect them anymore, they are collected during my teenage time.

This stirrer is from New Zealand, I cant remember who gave me this. I like the design of it.

These are from Mandarin Hotel. It looked like a mandarin hat worn by an ancient scholar.

I liked this stirrer from West End Club Disco at Goodwood Hotel. I remembered after the disco, we went for supper above the disco and we had sumptous taiwanese porridge. Nice fond memories. My ex-disco friends, if you are reading this, do you still remember?
That's all folks, on my collection of cocktail stirrers, hope you all find them interesting and enjoyable.

10 comments:

Tom said...

I am thinking about all the cocktails you must have drunk back then... ha! it's a wonder you can remember anything.. ;o)

Squirrel said...

I like looking at your cocktail stirrers. I think I have one or two old ones--they are yours when you come visit NY.

GMG said...

Amazing collection! I used to collect hotel/restaurant matches (though I'm not a smoker), soaps... but never thought on stirrers; and they are so mmuch easy to keep...
Have a great weekend!

Jules said...

The tiki on the top of the NZ one is supposed to be lucky - you need to keep that one!!!

alicesg said...

Tom, I really have a good memory...lol. I used to remember all the phone numbers of all my clients during my younger days but now with all these programming in the mobile, I dont even remembered my own mobile phone number...lol

Thanks Squirrel.

GMG, my brother used to keep matches too but then my mom thought it is dangerous and discarded them all....lol

Jules, Thank you for the information. I will be keeping all these so that I can tell my future grandkids about them. :)

by Danie said...

I remember now that I have a lot of hotel matches, some hotels don't exist anymore, I keep them in an old Nonya basket, and never think of them.
Beautiful stirrers collection.

Oman said...

Very lovely stirrers. Although you stopped collecting, I am pretty sure that if a tempting one comes your way, you wouldn't hesitate to grab it.

That's just me, some old collecting habits are really hard to break. ;-)

alicesg said...

Hahaha Law, I guess you are right. I dont collect now cause I dont drink anymore, am now more health conscious, I now drink chinese tea and my cantonese soup...hehehe.

Gordon said...

When reading this entry I thought for a moment I was reading about here in Adelaide; we have a Goodwood Hotel. Not sure about a West End Club Disco but we do have West End Beer!

Jilly said...

What a fascinating series. You've so many interesting cocktail stirrers. thanks for sharing, AliceG.