Day view of Anderson Bridge
Night View of Anderson Bridge taken from another direction.
Anderson bridge was opened in 1910. It was named after Sir John Anderson, the governor of the Straits Settlement from 1904-1911.
It comprises three steel arches with supporting steel ribs extending across them, two rusticate archways and a fluted pier at each end.
Anderson bridge is a typical 3-hinged arch bridge. The arches use a curved structure which provides a high resistance to bending force.
Today, Anderson Bridge continues to serve as a carriageway for the many vehicles travelling between Connaught Drive and Shenton Way(Source: http://www1.moe.edu.sg/learn@/singaporerivertrail/sec/G041_Dunman_Sec/bridges.htm)