Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Singapore Mandai Zoo - Flowers

I have a hard time posting these photos, need to do homework to find out the names of the flowers...lol. Mable's blog help me a lot in identifying some of the flowers.

Canna flower

Heliconia

Heliconia (Bird of Paradise)



Not sure what flower is the above. It looked so cute and pretty. Will try to find out the name of the flower.

Powder puff flowers
Anthurium Flower

Thunbergia ( I think this is the name of the flower)

Clerodendrum paniculatum (pagoda flower) - hahaha got the name of the flower from Mable's Blog.

Alpinia purpurata

Hope I did not get the names of the flowers wrong.

Mable, if you are reading this post, thank you for your blog, I now treated your blog as my flower guide book. :)

3 comments:

Walk in New York said...

de belles fleurs et de belles couleurs


Publicity ;o) Every Friday (and the Weekend), The Challenge "Walk In The Street Photography"

Tina´s PicStory said...

wow, this photos are soooo nice. But where is the white tiger? :( LG Tina

alicesg said...

Tina, the white tiger is in this link.

http://alicesg.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-world-tuesday-singapore-zoo-white.html

Thanks for dropping by my blog.