Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Palm Tree

This photo was taken during my walks in botanic garden. The place was quite shady and when I looked up I saw this huge beautiful palm tree shading us. It looked like a huge umbrella.

Although we are 2 degrees north of the equator, Singapore is a garden city with many huge trees shading us.

You might like to know that we will have another huge garden in the city beside botanic garden. It will be known as Gardens by the Bay. It is still under construction (will be completed around 2010) and when completed will be very beautiful.

Gardens by the Bay will consists of three different gardens. It will grows flowers that are not able to grow in Singapore with the help of technology. In fact some of the flowers are already booming in nursery. For more photos of our future garden:Click here


10 comments:

Joy said...

I love palm trees. To me they symbolize home, freedom, serenity and life.

I've added you to my blogroll!

Have a good Tuesday!

Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and your kind comments. Drop by again!

joy
A Pinay In England
Your Love Coach
The Goddess In You
Norwich Daily Photo

quintarantino said...

That palm tree is shady, alright. And it really reminds of an umbrella.
Guess it´s a nice place to rest and walk...

Gordon said...

A great shot; I like the perspective. A nice place to be on a hot day.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tree, beautiful photo, beautiful you.

alicesg said...

Thanks for all the nice comments. Thanks Joy. I will try to listen to your radio on Saturday (I think will be midnight here.)

david mcmahon said...

That first shot is exquisite. It's quite a coincidence, but my Wordless Wednesday shot today isone that I took in Singapore ....

alice said...

I'm looking forward to see your photos in Gardens by the Bay!
Your post about Samsui Women is gripping and now, I know I'm an ox, quite surprising because if I agree with "loyalty towards friends", I don't think I'm very patient!
Have a nice day, dear Alice.

Anonymous said...

very interesting blog. lot of wonderful captures and useful infos. well done.
thank you for your visit and kind comment.

alicesg said...

From one alice to another alice, You have to wait till 2010 for my photos on Gardens by the Bay. hahaha. I am glad u have fun with the zodiac.

Bobby D. said...

gardens are so peaceful a natural de-stresser.