Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Koi Fishes

Koi is the Japanese word for carp.

Keeping Koi is a very expensive hobby. You need a good and big pond to keep them if you want your koi to grow to a huge size and healthily. The value of Koi depend on the colour of the fishes. The price can vary from a few dollars to thousands of dollars.

The kois you see here are not worth much because their colours are not very pretty but then I love them as much. Seeing them so huge and swimming about minding their own business is a joy.
But alas these Kois dont belong to me. The only koi in my home is the koi mould which I used to make "agar agar"....hahaha. You can view them in my food blog

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

so beautiful. and very relaxing

Jo's-D-Eyes said...

Hi,
I saw your name on Quint's blog and I was just wondering who you are, from singapore? Very intersted.

Interesting to read about the fish and where it has been used for, ys I know agar-agar.

visit my blog lease. I am from Holland i love photography and my countrie. also do I like to travel. come and see,

Joann from Holland

quintarantino said...

Great shots. Guess what, in Villandry (a chateau on the Loire Valley, France) saw one of those guys with a huge size...
Thank you for your kind words.

Sara Hendrix said...

Thank you for nice words. I like your photos.

alicesg said...

Quin and Vader, you both are very welcome.

Joann, I will visit your blog and thanks for dropping by my blog. :)

Dave said...

From what I understand, these goldfish can grow even more if they are in a larger habitat. Reminds me of a couple of ponds over here. :-)

Joy said...

I like Japanese Carps. They simply mean life and colour to me.

joy
Your Love Coach
The Goddess In You
A Pinay In England

Squirrel said...

very nice to just relax and watch. Nice reflections on the water surface too.

CC said...

As always my friend, I love your photos. They're wonderful...
CC in Texas

Tom said...

Such beautiful Fish... I have friends who keep these. Some are very big indeed.