Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My World Tuesday - Sentosa Flower Show Part 7 - Carrotland


Finally, I found my way to Carrot Land, although I was in Giantland...lol. These carrots are real huge and tall but they are actually props.

I love eating carrots especially if they are soft boiled, very healthy and yummy.



These are real carrots and specially flown in from other countries for the flower show in sentosa. On normal days, you wont get to see these carrots but not sure after the flower show, if these carrots are still there.



Different types of carrots planted in the plot. In mandarin, carrots and raddish are known as red and white carrots.

Very interesting to see these carrots and raddish.




Please visit "That's my World" for other parts of the world.

5 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Those are incredible, Alice! Hmmm I bet the those "bunnies" are dancing for a reason with carrots like that in sight! How fun! And your photos are fantastic! Thanks so much for sharing the fun!

Sylvia

Unknown said...

Reminds me of The Enormous Turnip story - the farmer yanking the turnip with lots of helpers!! I enjoy eating carrots too:)

escape said...

oh wow! carrot land. a healthy place by sight and by health.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I looked at the raddish, they did not grow them there, but just stuck them there. Raddish grow into the ground.

So sad, we were going to have the Ellerslie flower show this weekend.

Now it is used for the people to sleep in.

alicesg said...

Ann, you are right, these are purposely flown in from other countries (i think is Australia) for the Flower Show for celebration of the year of the rabbit. On normal days, there are no carrotland over there.