Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My World Tuesday - Chinese New Year 2011 - Chinatown

It seems like a must that we had to make our trip to Chinatown to get the Chinese New Year atmosphere and mood. Lots of red colour and ornaments and decorations for Chinese New Year.



We will be welcoming the Year of the Rabbit. So we get to see many rabbits mascots in the shops.

I did not buy any decorations. I think I might make some decorations out of "ang pows" (i.e. red packets that we used to put gifts of money inside to be given out during Chinese New Year.)









I have almost finished spring cleaning my house and am ready for the battle of the year. The battle is of course to stock up our fridge with food that we plan to cook for Chinese New Year Eve i.e. our important reunion dinner. The reunion dinner is a must for all family members to gather and have dinner together.

We need to stock up for the first few days of Chinese New Year cause almost all the markets/shops and supermarkets will be closed especially during the first two days i.e. 3rd February and 4th February.

Please visit "That's my World" for other parts of the world.

8 comments:

Sylvia K said...

Oh, so colorful and beautiful! And such fun! I love your photos, Alice! Thanks for sharing!! Have a great week!

Sylvia

Rajesh said...

Wonderful festive look for Chinese New Year.

Indrani said...

Fantastic festive shots.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

You buy the puss willow? My friend tells, don't buy. Wait at new year's eve, the vendors just throw them away. LOL

I will have a CNY dinner, I think. My daughter will come back.

You got MIL to go to?

L. Neusiedler said...

time flies. I remember you posting also about this last years. but I enjoy seeing this over and over again!

alicesg said...

Ann, I think I will buy fresh flowers instead. I have guests coming to my house and I have no more generation above me except my uncles and aunties.

Lara, I tried to take lesser photos cause it would looked like repeats of the past postings ...lol.

Unknown said...

Red is my favourite colour for this season:)) I just have to make sure I wear red too!

Lesley said...

Some of those rabbits look a bit scary!