Saturday, January 24, 2009

Pink Saturday-Taiwanese Muah Chee

My contribution for this week pink saturday, got to be this pretty pink boxes and titbits. They are Taiwanese Muah Chee. The taiwanese muah chee is more chewy and is different from our local muah chee. I had posted a recipe of our singapore muah chee in my food blog. Muah Chee is made from glutinous rice. You can view how the singapore muah chee look like by clicking the recipe.

Getting ready to start the business. Note that pink box of muah chee selling for $15, the price will go down as the days nearer to chinese new year.

These are the loose muah chee (not in boxes). They are sold at $1.50 per 100 gm and as I post this today, the price had gone down to a $1 per 100 gm and on the eve of chinese new year, you can fill 1 plastic bag full of muah chee (regardless of how much you stuff into the designated bag) for only $5. Hubby will get them on chinese new year eve....lol.

Now if you wondered why the stall owner has a sad face(below photo). He must have a poor business and I think I know why.

It is so sickening, his assistant was pestering me to try the cuttlefish sweet. The worst part was that he removing the sweet wrapper for me to try (faints*). I dont like to try sample of food in this way but if you look at his dirty black fingernails, you will agree with my policy of not trying sample food...yucks. Most promoters let us remove the wrappers by ourselves or using tooth picks to try their food.

For more pinky participants, please visit Beverly of How Sweet The Sound.

13 comments:

Susan said...

Very pretty pinks!
Happy Pink Saturday and have a great weekend!

CC said...

Happy Pink Saturday my friend and happy CNY..See you soon.
p.s. We hafta get you some pretty gingham for embroidery..:)

LadyFi said...

Love the photos.. and I love glutinous rice! Especially in desserts.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Happy Pink Saturday! :-)

Love looking at these pictures of the market and the pink boxes.

I don't blame you one bit for not wanting to try the food if the man had dirty fingernails.

I enjoyed visiting you in Singapore!

Have a lovely day!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Smilingsal said...

Ew, I clicked on your last photograph and saw those nails! I do understand why no one would want to taste anything from him.

Your pinks are pretty. Happy Pink Saturday.

White Iris Designs said...

How colorful...what a fun place to spend the day!

uncleawang said...

Interesting entry of pinks.By the way
HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR to YOU & YOUR FAMILY.

erin said...

We used to live in San Francisco, I so miss Chinese New Year! Thanks for sharing this little tidbit with us! I am with you on those dirty nails. Yuck! Happy Pink Saturday!
Erin :)

The Muse said...

I agree...one needs to be careful at the market.

What a nice trip you have taken us on today. Thank you very much.

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Alice.

It looks pretty, but I wouldn't want him handling mine either. ;-)

Mimi said...

Very interesting blog. Good luck with your business.

Joy said...

Hopefully he'll learn a better tactic that will bring him better sales in the future! ;o)

ramblingwoods.com said...

I am late..but Happy Pink Saturday. I don't blame you for not wanting to take something from a dirty hand. I also went to look at how it is made as I am not familiar living in the states..I love learning new things.. Thank you...Michelle..