Friday, January 25, 2008

Chinese New Year 2008 Shopping Spree Part 2-Cookies

This is just one of the many cookies stalls in Chinatown. Come Chinese New Eve, the prices of the cookies will be slashed to just 50 cents a bottle. But I aint't like to buy the cookies (they are from the factory) cause I prefer those home made. I hope I have the time to bake some. But I had ordered some homemade too just in case I am too tired to do any baking.
Taiwanese mochi had been a favourite titbits for Chinese New Year too. It was introduced to Singapore not too long ago. Try finding those with durian or mango favours. They are nice.
I will post more food scenes in chinatown to my food blog in the coming days. Just in case those who miss my posting on nian gao and the story of kitchen god in my food blog, click here.
The nian gao or chinese new year cake is a must for chinese new year it meant, the family fortunes or achievements will rise in the coming year.
After Chinese New Year, many will cooked the nian gao and I will post my recipe on nian gao in my food blog after chinese new year.

5 comments:

Joy said...

I love cookies! I enjoy going to Chinese shops to buy them and eat them, of course! Do send me some please. I can't send you snow though - coz we haven't had any in Norwich. Thank God!

A blustery Saturday here in Norwich, but I hope you're having fun wherever you are! Have a lovely weekend!

Thanks for visiting Norwich Daily Photo and your kind comments. Drop by again!

joy
A Pinay In England
Your Love Coach

GMG said...

Hi Alice, sorry again for having been a bit absent, but my week was too hectic, probably as much as for Chinese New Year shoppers...
Hope you're enjoying the season!
Thanks for the comments at Blogtrotter
Have a great weekend!
Gil

zakscloset said...

yay! for the cake recipe!!!!

Old Wom Tigley said...

This is my kind of post.. Cookies.. I could quite eazily become a cookie monster..:O)

J.C. said...

With such a wide range of cookies to choose, I can imagine the lady must have a tough time deciding what to buy!!! What a timely shot!